2023 Best Guide of Eyeshadow Shades for Each Eye Color
It all starts with understanding how certain eyeshadows look with our eye color. It can be tempting to choose eye shadow shades based on personal preference or current trends, rather than considering how they will enhance your natural eye color. However, taking the time to understand which shades work best with your eye color can help you make more informed choices when selecting eye shadow palettes. One way to make the process easier is to look for palettes specifically designed to complement your eye color. Many makeup brands offer eye shadow palettes that are curated to enhance certain eye colors, so these can be a good place to start. Ultimately, the key is to have fun and be creative with your makeup choices. Don’t be afraid to try new things and see what looks best on you.
Best Eyeshadows for Brown Eyes
Because brown is the most common eye color, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that it’s not difficult to find the ideal eye shadow to complement brown eyes. There is an eye shadow color that will bring out the beauty of your brown eyes, no matter how deep and dark they are or how light and golden they are. On the other hand, if you have brown eyes, stay away from white, silver, and black eye shadows, as they can make your eyes look washed out and flat.
Here are some of the best eye shadows for brown eyes:
- Green: HipDot Girl Scout Thin Mints Pigment Palette
- Plum: HipDot Girl Scout Coconut Caramel Pigment Palette
- Light Blue: Dior 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette in Denim
- Bronze: Rms Beauty Eyelights Cream Eyeshadow in Spark
- Brown: Makeup Forever Artist Color Eye Shadow in Red Brown
- Copper: ROSE INC Satin & Shimmer Duet Eyeshadow in Satin Copper
Best EyeShadows for Blue Eyes
Because blue eyes are bright, captivating, and mysterious, they make an excellent canvas for most eye shadows. Blue eyes are more likely to be naturally beautiful. On the other hand, avoid using opaque yellows and greens on blue eyes.
However, here are a few that will really make your blue eyes pop:
- Orange: Anastasia Beverly Hills Primrose Palette
- Mauve: Smashbox Always On Cream Shadow in Rose
- Brown: Sephora Colorful Eyeshadow in Roasted Chestnuts
- Rose: Sephora Colorful Eyeshadow in Lazy Afternoon
- Champagne: Natasha Denona Mini Nude Eyeshadow Palette
- Terracotta: Pat McGrath Mini Eyeshadow Palette in Midnight Voyage
Best EyeShadows for Gray Eyes
Because gray eyes are a combination of blue and green, and because they frequently have prominent gold specks, selecting the appropriate eye shadow for them will largely depend on which color you want to emphasize the most. Gray eyes often have prominent gold specks. If you have gray eyes, stay away from very warm shades like gold, orange, copper, and red.
Here are some excellent options for this ultrarare eye color:
- Yellow: Smashbox Always On Cream Shadow in Ochre
- Peach: Fenty Beauty Snap Shadows Palette in Peach
- Teal: Danessa Myricks Beauty Colorfix Eye Pigment in Mermaid
- Silver: Hourglass Curator Eyeshadow Singles in Ice
- Burgundy: Natasha Denona Retro Eyeshadow Palette
- Magenta: Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette
Best EyeShadows for Green Eyes
Green eyes are one of the rarest eye colors that exist, and people who have them tend to look their best in pink, purple, and warm tones of makeup. Avoid shades like blue, orange, yellow, red, and silver.
Here are a few eye shadow options that will make your already striking green eyes look even more mesmerizing:
- Dusty Rose: Patrick Ta Major Dimension Rose Eyeshadow Palette
- Berry: Juvia’s Place The Berries Eyeshadow Palette
- Lilac: Huda Beauty Lilac Obsessions
- Rose Gold: Charlotte Tilbury Eyes To Mesmerize Cream Eyeshadow in Rose Gold
- Bronze: Hourglass Scattered Light Glitter Eye Shadow in Burnish
- Rust: Melt Cosmetics Rust Eyeshadow Palette
Best EyeShadows for Hazel Eyes
Hazel eyes, which are a combination of brown and green, are the ideal middle ground between the two shades and can pull off a wide variety of eye shadows. Hazel eyes are a combination of brown and green. Avoid using blue and silver eyeshadows.
Here are some stunning shades that will accentuate your hazel eyes and make them stand out:
- Lavender: Morphe Ultralavender Artistry Palette
- Burgundy: Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam II Mini Eyeshadow Palette
- Emerald: Buxom Customizable Eyeshadow Bar in Money Maker
- Gold: Hourglass Scattered Light Glitter Eye Shadow in Foil
- Pink Champagne: Charlotte Tilbury Eyes To Mesmerize Cream Eyeshadow in Champagne
- Copper: Hourglass Scattered Light Glitter Eye Shadow in Blaze